The annual fundraiser for Floral Hall, the historic Round Barn at The Red Mile, will be held Sunday morning, Oct. 6, at 10 am, with silent and live auctions. Post time for the Kentucky Futurity is 1 pm on Sunday. A list of the live auction items is below.
Proceeds from the fundraiser are used to preserve the historic barn, which is the gateway to The Red Mile. Just this past year many of the barn's original wooden support beams were discovered to be rotted and the structure was in jeopardy. With funds raised over the past several years, new steel structural support beams were installed to replace the wooden beams, at a cost of more than $100,000.
Here's a list of the live auction items, which includes original Currier & Ives lithographs. Don't forget to stop by if you're in town, or send your agent to bid!
LIVE AUCTION ITEMS
· framed "Champion All" -Elizabeth Starts 1954
· framed original Horse Review cover—1893
· framed Sunol print--original Currier & Ives—1889
· framed "Little Brown Jug" print--original Currier & Ives—1882
· original "Little Bluegrass Thickett"--Melissa Crase
· unframed original Horse Review cover—1902
· framed "Lula" print--original Currier & Ives—1877
· framed "Rarus"--original Currier & Ives print-1877
· framed "Dexter"--original Currier & Ives—1865
· framed "Ethan Allen"--original Currier & Ives—1872
· framed "Lula"--original Currier & Ives—1876
· framed "Rarus & Great Eastern"--original Currier & Ives—1877
· framed "Dexter, Ethan Allen & Mate"--original Currier & Ives—1874
--artwork by equine artist Brianna Fenn
· Painted Floral Hall birdhouse by Wanda Morgan
· Pennsbury jog cart
· Two seats from Crosley Field, one-time home of the Cincinnati Reds, used at the Tattersalls sale arena
· Two seats from Crosley Field, one-time home of the Cincinnati Reds, used at Tattersalls sale arena
· Ride for 1 person in Starting Gate for first Kentucky Futurity heat
· Storage bench with harness racing motif cushion & pillow