American breds in Elitlopp field
« Return to News
The field is set for Sweden's famed Elitlopp, set for Sunday, May 26, at the Solvalla racetrack in Stockholm. There are 16 trotters from six different countries drawn into two eliminations; the first four finishers will advance to the final. The distance for the race is one mile, and the winner of final heat is the Elitlopp champion. Last year's Elitlopp champion, the Jerry Riordan-trained Ringostarr Treb, is not in the field.
While no US horse traveled to Sweden for the race, three trotters bred in the US are in the field: Double Exposure and Propulsion--both trained by Daniel Redén, and Milligan’s School, trained by Stefan Melander, who has won the race with Iceland and Nucio.
From France, Aubrion du Gers with Jos. Verbeeck, who has won his last 15 races, will compete at Solvalla for the first time.
1. Makethemark (SE) – Ulf Ohlsson
2. Disco Volante (SE) – Jorma Kontio
3. Double Exposure (US)– Erik Adielsson
4. Next Direction (FI)– Iikka Nurmonen
5. Looking Superb (NO) – Åke Svanstedt
6. Uza Josselyn (DK) – Gabriele Gelormini
7. Readly Express (SE) – Björn Goop
8. Sorbet (SE) – Carl Johan Jepson
1. Aubrion du Gers (FR) – Jos Verbeeck
2. Milligan’s School (US) – Ulf Eriksson
3. Bahia Quesnot (FR) – Junior Guelpa
4. Day Or Night In (SE) – Johan Untersteiner
5. Propulsion (US) – Örjan Kihlström
6. Milliondollarrhyme (SE) – Fredrik B Larsson
7. Heavy Sound (SE) – Kenneth Haugstad
8. Dijon (FR) – Romain Derieux