Control The Moment captures Pace elim
July 10, 2016
« Return to News
Tom Hill's Racing Hill drew post position four and was installed as the 9-5 favorite for the $732,050 Crawford Farms Meadowlands Pace next Saturday, July 16, during the post position draw held Saturday evening. Racing Hill is trained by Tony Alagna, who won the 2013 Meadowlands Pace with Captaintreacherous, and will be driven by Brett Miller. By virtue of being the top seasonal money-earner in the field, Racing Hill elected to take a bye to the final.
Earlier on Saturday, Control The Moment ($4), driven for the first time by Brian Sears, stormed home with a :26.2 final quarter to win the lone Meadowlands Pace elimination by a length in a lifetime-best 1:49.2. Lyons Snyder finished second with JK Will Power third. Check Six was fourth.
"He is a really nice horse and did everything that I asked him to do tonight," said Sears, who won the 2005 Meadowlands Pace with Rocknroll Hanover. "The opportunity knocked to be able to drive this horse and I was really looking forward to it. I know he races well from off the pace and everything worked out well."
By winning the elimination, Control The Moment earned the right to draw for post positions one through six and will start from post three. He was made the 5-2 second choice on Dave Little's morning line.
The complete field for the Meadowlands Pace is as follows:
1. Another Daily Copy – Trace Tetrick – Nick Devita 30/1
2. Good Living – T.B.A. – Tom Cancelliere 30/1
3. Control The Moment – Brian Sears – Brad Maxwell 5/2
4. Racing Hill – Brett Miller – Tony Alagna 9/5
5. Lyons Snyder – David Miller – Mark Silva 9/2
6. Boston Red Rocks – Tim Tetrick – Steve Elliott 6/1
7. Manhattan Beach – Joe Bongiorno – Ron Burke 20/1
8. JK Will Power – Yannick Gingras – Ron Burke 8/1
9. Check Six – Matt Kakaley – Ron Burke 15/1
10. Talk Show – Scott Zeron – Steve Elliott 25/1