The post positions have been drawn and the field of ten is set for battle in the 2018 Dan Patch FFA Pace final this Sunday (July 22) at Running Aces.
The $50,000 race will be the richest Standardbred event to date in Minnesota, with the total purse for the series hitting $95,000 this year. This season’s Dan Patch FFA has drawn horses from as far away as Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, and the field for Sunday’s final is deep with pacing talent. Drivers are also coming from far and wide to participate in the historic event, with one of Indiana’s top reinsmen Sam Widger making the trip to Minnesota, along with James Kennedy from California and Kyle Husted from Chicago’s Hawthorne Racecourse.
Last year’s winner in this event, Firedrake, has drawn the rail, and morning line favorite Trashytonguetalker, who equaled the track’s fastest mile ever in his elimination race on July 8, has drawn post position ten (in the second tier).
The Dan Patch FFA final is race seven on the Sunday night program, and kicks off the Late Pick-4 wager, which sports a $10,000 guaranteed pool.
Below is a look at the field:
1. Firedrake-Nick Roland-6/1
2. To The Limit-Steve Wiseman-8/1
3. Nuclear Dragon-Kyle Husted-3/1
4. Hawk’s Red Chief-Brian Detgen-6/1
5. I’m An Athlete-James Kennedy-10/1
6. Nine Ways-Sam Widger-9/2
7. Stevensville-Rick Magee-7/1
8. Gold Star Mysti-James Yoder-12/1
9. Bettor’s Promise-Lemoyne Svendsen-15/1
10. Trashytonguetalker-Dean Magee-9/5