New safety policies for racing at Mohawk
« Return to News
In order to maintain live racing and follow the best practices for health and safety, Woodbine Entertainment has issued the following updated paddock procedures for Woodbine Mohawk Park.
Effective Friday (March 20) and until further notice, post time for Live Racing at Woodbine Mohawk Park will move to 6:40 p.m.
Post time for Thursday evening’s card of live racing will remain at 7:10 p.m.
The following procedures will be implemented immediately in the paddock at Woodbine Mohawk Park.
- All horsepeople will be screened upon arrival, with their temperature taken at the stable gate.
- All horses will enter the paddock through the regular entrance.
- All horses on Lasix will receive their medication in the Old Paddock and then move to Barn 8 until their retention time in the paddock.
- Races 1 through 5 will race out of the Old Paddock (standing stalls).
- Races 6 through 10 will race out of the New Paddock (box stalls).
- Horsepeople are required to adhere to the paddock retention schedule.
- No horses or personnel will be granted access to the paddock until 60 minutes before their scheduled post.
- Please limit foot traffic between the two paddocks.
- Do not congregate to socialize.
- Practice social distancing. Text and call within the paddock, versus face to face.
- Following each race, horsepeople should bath and load their horses as quickly as possible and exit the paddock within 30 minutes.
Woodbine thanks our horsepeople for their cooperation during this period and will continue to issue updates regularly.