Pocono to resume racing June 20
« Return to News
After receiving sign off from the PA Department of Health, The Downs at Mohegan Sun Pocono will resume live racing without spectators.
Qualifying races will be held at Mohegan Sun Pocono as follows:
• Saturday (June 13) at 10 a.m. for 3-year-old and older horses. Entries must be received by 11 a.m. on Friday (June 12).
• Tuesday (June 16) at 10 a.m. for 2-year-old horses. Entries must be received by 11 a.m. on Monday (June 15).
• Wednesday (June 17) at 10 a.m. for all ages. Entries must be received by 11 a.m. on Tuesday (June 16).
Only horses entered in qualifying races will be allowed on the grounds at The Downs at Mohegan Sun Pocono on those days.
Please note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown, the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission is temporarily modifying the 45-day rule. Horses who have started and have a clean line after February 1, 2020, will not have to qualify. This will only be in effect for a period of 2 weeks once the first live race resumes. After that, the 45-day rule will be in effect.
The live racing season at The Downs at Mohegan Sun Pocono will resume on Saturday, June 20. The live racing schedule will be:
• Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday – post time 12:30 p.m.
• Sunday – post time 7:00 p.m.
Beginning with the Saturday (June 13) qualifiers, there will be new protocols for paddock personnel:
• Face masks are REQUIRED at all times in the paddock.
• Temperature scans will be conducted at the stable gate before entering the backstretch.
• Numbered races will be changed to accomplish social distancing. Please be aware of the altered race numbers upon entrance to the paddock.
• Drivers must show up wearing driving colors. Access to the Drivers’ Room will be extremely limited. Showers will NOT be available.
• No owners, visitors, or guests will be allowed access to any areas including, but not limited to, the paddock, track apron, or drivers’ room until further notice. (PHHA/Downs at Mohegan Sun Pocono)