Prop bets available at Big M on Hambo day
« Return to News
With sports wagering now well underway in the FanDuel Sports Book at the Meadowlands Racetrack, FanDuel is rolling out some interesting and entertaining Hambletonian-related prop bets for the Hambletonian card on Saturday.
One of the wagers will tie the horses in with a sporting event. It is a parlay requiring selection of the winners of the two Hambletonian elimination heats, the Hambletonian Oaks final, (Hambletonian companion race for trotting fillies) and the Yankees-Red Sox game.
While the odds on some of the props are still being formulated, here are some bets that may be available:
- the winning time of the Hambletonian
- the winner's margin of victory
- will the winning time break the Hambletonian speed record
- will the winner be one of the four entrants trained by Hall of Famer Jimmy Takter
- a head-to-head bet: favored colt Six Pack vs. the unbeaten filly Atlanta
- will the winner of either of the two elimination heats also win the final
- an interesting longshot play asking if the race will be won via disqualification like it was in 2017 when What The Hill was disqualified and Perfect Spirit elevated from second to be the official winner
While it's far too early to tell, there is hope that the introduction of new customers coming into the building to bet on sports will find their way over to the racing side and make some horse wagers. Making the props available is one method of potentially attracting their interest.
A free program for the Hambletonian Day 16 race card is available courtesy of TrackMaster and The Meadowlands. Saturday's races will also be live streamed at no cost thanks to the cooperation of Roberts Communication Network.
The doors open on Saturday at 10 a.m. and the horse races begin at noon.