Standardbred Canada announces online staking
« Return to News
The latest eShop feature available on the Standardbred Canada website is the online stake payment program.
This program has been designed with simplicity in mind for owners and trainers to self-stake their horses. It will save time and the hassle of keeping track of stake payments manually.
For a yearly fee of $40 per race horse and an introductory fee of $15 per yearling, you can add any horse to your “horse inventory”. This will allow you to:
- List the major Canadian stakes your horse is eligible to be nominated to such as Ontario Sires Stakes (OSS), Woodbine Entertainment (WEG), and any stakes that SC currently administers including stake programs in Alberta and the Maritimes. Deadlines for the nomination and sustaining payments, purse and conditions are also available.
- Generate a history of all online stake transactions and their payment status.
- Determine eligibility of your horse (whether you have paid online or directly to the stake sponsors).
Users may choose to use the above features as a stand-alone application to assist in making staking decisions for their horses while continuing to manually send payments to the stake services/administrators.
However, for an additional convenience (eShop) fee, users will be able to make stake payments online in a convenient and easy way. This program will provide a “one-stop” payment service. Payments for OSS and WEG stakes will be forwarded directly to them. You will not have to worry about getting to the post office on time to have your envelopes stamped with the postmark.
Steps to make stake payments online:
1. Create an account on the SC website or login to your account by clicking the Login button at the top of the website. (If this button reads 'Log out', you are already logged in.)
2. Click the eShop button, then select 'Make Stake Payments'
3. Agree to the initial terms and conditions.
4. Proceed to add horses to your inventory.
5. Pay the administration fee ($40 per race horse, $15 per yearling – This step must be done before you can make stake nomination and sustaining fees.)
6. Make stake payments instantly.
E-mail confirmation of your transactions will be sent immediately on completion of a successful transaction. (SC)