The Harness Horse Breeders of New York State (HHBNYS) is pleased to offer our members a unique incentive to purchase a New York-Bred at the Goshen Yearling Sale and the Morrisville Yearling Sale.
The HHBNYS has been overwhelmed again this year by the support from old and new members. To show our appreciation, we will once again make both sustaining payments due in 2019 for two 2017 New York sires stakes-eligible yearlings that are sold in New York. The total value of those payments is $1,100 each.
New York sales are a great place to purchase a yearling and we hope members attend and purchase a yearling to support the sales companies and the New York breeders who consign to them.
The rules for the payment opportunity are:
1. To enter the drawing you must be a member of HHBNYS or join before the respective sale begins and you must have your name as purchaser on the sales slip of at least one New York-bred yearling at one of the designated sales.
2. HHBNYS will make the payment directly to the NYSS office. It is the member's responsibility to notify HHBNYS to sustain that horse 10 days in advance of the staking deadline.
3. The drawing will pull one member name after each sale. If the first name does not correspond with the name on the sales results for a yearling, drawing will continue until a match is made.
4. Horse must be sold, no bid ins or buy backs will be entered in the drawing.
5. Non transferable between members and winners have ten days after notification to assign the prize to a specific yearling if multiples were purchased, and to notify HHBNYS of that name. If horse is subsequently sold before payment is made, award will follow yearling.
6. Any HHBNYS member in a partnership will also be eligible to enter the drawing.
7. IF THE DECISION IS MADE NOT TO SUSTAIN THE HORSE AT THE TIME OF EITHER OF THE TWO PAYMENTS, THERE IS NO CASH EQUIVALENT AND DONATION IN THE AMOUNT OF THE PAYMENTS WILL BE MADE TO Morrisville Standardbred Aftercare.
8. Horse must be paid for in full to be entered in the drawing.
The drawing for the Goshen Yearling will take place on Sunday, Sept.16 at Morrisville and the drawing for the Morrisville Yearling will take place Saturday, Sept. 22. This will allow for membership verification and payments in full to be processed. (HHBNYS)